The Sennheiser Top 50 battle is a search for promising young musicians who deserve worldwide recognition. Singers, song writers, drummers, guitarists, bassists, musicians – we are here to chart out your path to glory.Open to all the semi-professional and professional bands of the country, this is the third season of India’s first leaderboard and we are inviting bands of all genres – pop, rock, fusion, classic, blues – you name it! We believe you are the future of music and we want to help you take the next big step.
All you need to do is upload your track (an original composition only) here. Your entries and qualification will be filtered by an internal Sennheiser jury, determining your spot among the Top 100. If you make it to Top 100, you will be required to submit a detailed questionnaire and music videos. You can even upload snippets of your rehearsals and recordings online to attract more fans and catch the judges’ attention – the more the better to help our jury realise why you must qualify for the next round. You will also need to appeal to your fans for votes. The fans votes account for 30% of the weightage in the final decision while 70% weightage would be given to the Jury's decision.
The top 3 bands from each zone (North, East, West, South) will need to prove their mettle in front of a live audience and our jury in selected cities. Our jury will be looking out for the promise, the dedication and stage presence alongwith the music in our winner band and then rank the 3 bands and announce the zonal winner. If you are the winner of any of the zone, you head on to the next round to compete in our grand finale and lock horns with the best band from the rest of the three zones. The competition would only get fierce as our star-studded jury panel looks out for details, precision, energy, crowd interaction and evaluates each band during their performance.
Overall, with the help of all the information and details about your band our appointed jury will announce and end their search for India’s best band and the top 50 bands.
Click here to apply.
|Level of Artist||College | Professional | Anyone|
|Artist Type||Band | Vocalist | Instrumentalist | Dj | Others|
|Genre||World, Rock, Pop, Hiphop, Jazz, Classic, Metal, Sufi, Alternative, Electronic, Folk, Blues, Metal|
- All the participating band members must be permanent and lawful residents of India.
- All the participating band members should be 18 years of age or older as of March 1, 2017.
- Each participating band must consist of at least two members. Each of the band members must be an eligible entrant.
- The participating band must be older than 1 year and not formed for the sole purpose of the contest. If so, the participating band shall be disqualified.
- At least one participating band member must be a fan of Sennheiser’s Facebook page.
- If the participating band qualifies for the Zonal finale or the grand finale, the band will need to be available for the gig organized by Sennheiser India. If the band is unavailable, the rank and the opportunity will automatically pass on to the next band in rank.
- Participating bands must not be signatories to a music distribution agreement and/or must not have previously entered into any type of music distribution agreement, and must not be, nor have ever been, signed to a record label.
- Participation in the contest is not open to employees and family members of Sennheiser India, its Associate Companies, its Advertising Agency and its Media Partners.
- In the event that any member of a participating band is disqualified, then the entire participating band may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sennheiser India.
- Sennheiser India reserves the right to withdraw and/or alter any of the above mentioned eligibility criteria of the contest at any time, without prior notice.
In case of any doubt, you can contact us