Songdew in association with ELAN & Nvision 2019 , IIT Hyderabad presents Octaves, the solo singing along with instrument playing contest. Hurry up and win amazing prizes. Fest start & end date: 22nd-24th Feb 2019.
ELAN & ?vision, the largest techno-cultural fest in Telangana, is a confluence of two worlds created and enjoyed by the thousands of people who step out for these three days. Whether you end up coding your mind away, dancing your heart out, grasping the audience with your captivating performances, meeting people, making friends and memories, or just going crazy, we promise you three days full of colours that you will never forget. This isn't just any festival, it's an experience.
1. This being a solo competition allows no more than one person per team.
2. Duration of each performance in the first round: 6 min (empty stage to empty stage).
3. Duration of each performance in the second round: as long as the backing track lasts (empty stage to empty stage).
4. There will be two categories. Melody and percussion instruments.
a. Participants will be given 6 minutes to play anything they want.
b. Based on the scores of the first round 2 participants from each category progresses into the second round.
c. Overshooting the time limit will result in a penalty.
a. The second round will be a face-off between the top two from each category. Ie, the first in melody vs the second in melody and similarly for percussion.
b. After qualification after the first round, the finalists will be given tracks to play over. Ie, the melody finalists will be given tracks with percussion to play over and vice-versa.
c. This will be done to ensure fair judging
1. Release of the music of the winning artist globally to over 150 digital platforms including Spotify, Saavn, Amazon Music, Apple Music, Gaana, Google Play Music, etc.
2. Promotion of the release on Songdew TV (which has a reach of around 40 Million Households)
3. Other prizes worth INR 15,000
|Level of Artist||College|
|Artist Type||Vocalist | Instrumentalist|
1. A participant can stick to ONLY ONE instrument for the entire competition.
2. Electric instruments are allowed.
3. Keyboards can be played only in the piano patch.
4. Availability of the following instruments is assured (if required) : A keyboard (in piano tune), acoustic guitar.
5. JUDGING CRITERIA: Rhythm, Creativity
In case of any doubt, you can contact us