Junoon is the country's biggest Eastern Fusion Band Competition which aims to put the traditional sounds of our nation into limelight. Conducted during Antaragni, the annual cultural festival of IIT Kanpur, it witnesses participation from all over the country. Artists reveal their skills in front of an enthusiastic audience, which improves their ability and and helps them make it big in the industry.
How to apply?
The prelims of Junoon would be an online round on Songdew. 8 bands would be shortlisted by the Antaragni team, IIT Kanpur. The procedure to apply for the online round is as follows:
1. Register yourself as an Artist on Songdew.
2. Hit 'Click to Participate' button for this opportunity.
3. Upload your videos links of two songs (out of which one must be an original composition) from Youtube on this Songdew opportunity portal
The final round of Junoon would be conducted at IIT Kanpur from 25th Oct- 28th October. It would be conducted as follows:
1. Each band would be given 25 minutes inclusive of soundcheck.
2. At least one song performed by the participating band must be an original composition. However, if a cover is performed, it must be an improvisation on the existing music literature. Emphasis would be on the fresh flavour added by the band
|Level of Artist||College | Professional|
2. Cash reward of INR 20,000 to the 2nd prize winner.
3. Songdew will release music of the 1st prize winner on 150+ digital stores worldwide.
- The band should have a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of seven (7) members.
- A five (5) piece drum set and one (1) bass guitar would be provided.
- At least two (2) instruments are required. Different guitars will be counted separately.
- The lyrics could be in any language.
- There is no restriction to any genre.
- The band should reach the venue at least 30 minutes before the event starts.
- The decision taken by the judges would be final and binding.
In case of any doubt, you can contact us