If drumming is your middle name, you've got a master key to your fame! We at Songdew are eager to feature your drum solos on the upcoming 24*7 TV channel - Songdew TV.
Songdew’s brand new initiative is a 24 hour, satellite TV channel dedicated to independent music which is planned to be launched before the year ends. The first of its kind in the country, SongdewTV is sure to change the face of India’s indie landscape. We’ll be airing everything from music videos, live shows and music documentaries, interviews and much more.
This is a BIG opportunity for all the drummers out there, to get their solos/jam sessions/live shows aired on the channel.
What will work?
We prefer drum solos and warm up videos. It can also be a performance with other musicians, as long as the focus is on the drummer and it is not a music video. Your video certainly need not be the fastest drumming, nor does it need to be the flashiest. It simply has to be compelling playing. Very subtle playing will also go great on the channel.
Since the video will be featured on TV, there is a minimum tech requirement to ensure quality of the video.
a. SD video: Frame size 720x576 (4:3), Dv Pal (Compression)
Bit rate > 15000 kbps
b. Audio Level : Max. -10db(Peak level) Min. -20db
CH1 full mix and CH2 full mix, 16 bit PCM (Uncompressed) 48 kHz
|Level of Artist||Anyone|
|Artist Type||Band | Instrumentalist|
|Genre||World, Rock, Pop, Hiphop, Jazz, Classic, Metal, Sufi, Alternative, Electronic, Folk, Blues, Metal|
- Video focusing on drums only will be featured
- No 'Play-Alongs' and 'Covers' will work but if you have created your own rendition of an existing track, your video is welcome!
- We will not be able to accept 'music videos' where the whole band is playing unless 80% focus is on the drummer.
- If the video is not as per minimum specifications mentioned above, the video will be rejected.
- The selection will be done by Songdew editorial team and the decision will be final.
In case of any doubt, you can contact us