Over the years, HCL Concerts has evolved into a unique platform for Indian Classical musicians - be it dancers, vocalists or instrumentalists. Having conservation and promotion of India’s cultural heritage, HCL Concerts is now launching the biggest ever platform for Indian Classical music, an audio app dedicated to Classical and Fusion music. HCL Concerts in association with Songdew is providing an opportunity for Classical & Fusion musician to feature their music alongside the legends such as - Ustad Amjad Ali Khan, Ustad Shujaat Khan, Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia, Shubha Mudgal, Kaushiki Chakraborty, Amaan & Ayaan Ali Bangash, Purbayan Chatterjee, Rakesh Chaurasia, Pandit Shivkumar Sharma and Rahul Sharma. Confirm your interest now.
Have questions? We have tried to answer all your doubts, however, if you have any further questions please write to us in the comments below;
1. Is this opportunity only for younger musicians?
No. HCL Concerts App will feature the greats of Indian Classical music, hence, this opportunity is for all Classical musicians whether senior or junior.
2. What will I get?
Other than the fact that your music will featured alongside legendary artists as mentioned above, you will also reach out to over 10 Million Classical music lovers. This will help you in getting more performance opportunities.
3. Do I have to pay anything to apply?
No. Currently this opportunity is available for free, however, in future it may/may not be paid.
4. Will I get performance opportunity with HCL Concerts?
This is not guaranteed however, if your music is getting admired by listeners, you should not be surprised to get a personal invite to perform at one of the HCL Concerts.
5. Will HCL Concerts charge for streaming of music on their app?
No, HCL Concerts will be a free streaming service for listeners. This is an initiative to promote Classical music hence, all the tracks will be available for free.
6. Do I have to give rights of my tracks to HCL Concerts?
No. HCL Concerts will not own your content but will take non-exclusive right to stream it on their app. You can terminate the agreement after 1 year and your music will be removed from the app.
7. Is this opportunity only for Classical musicians?
If your music (vocal/instrumental) matches any of the below-mentioned genres (also including all the subgenres), then your entry is eligible;
1. Hindustani Classical music
2. Carnatic Classical music
3. Fusion music (Classical with contemporary music)
8. What is the process of selection?
Your tracks must satisfy the following criteria :
1. Tracks should be in MP3 format.
2. Minimum track duration should be at least 4 mins.
3. Minimum bit rate should be 160 kbps.
Once you submit your entries, our team along with HCL Concerts will closely review each track and only first 100 selected artists will get a chance to be featured on the premium app. All the selected artists will be required to sign an agreement - Agreement for music streaming on HCL Concerts App. The attached agreement will be shared separately with the selected artists for further process.
About HCL Concerts
The conservation and promotion of India’s art and cultural heritage is very close to HCL’s heart. To this end, HCL has been organizing HCL Concerts for 20 years, dedicated to identifying, evolving and promoting talent rooted in the glorious heritage of Indian classical performing arts. Concerts under the umbrella of HCL Concerts are organized in Delhi, Noida, Gurugram, Lucknow, Nagpur and Chennai across various venues regularly throughout the year. These concerts are often enriched by the presence of luminaries in the field of Indian classical performing arts.
|Level of Artist||Anyone|
|Artist Type||Band | Vocalist | Instrumentalist|
|Genre||Carnatic, Classical, Fusion|
1. Only Hindustani, Carnatic and Fusion music entries will be considered for the selection.
2. Track duration should at least 4 mins.
3. Bit rate of the tracks should at least be 160 kbps.
4. Selection of the music will be done by Songdew and HCL teams and the decision will be final.
In case of any doubt, you can contact us