Xavier University Bhubaneswar's annual cultural fest Xamboree in association with Songdew presents its flagship event, SONIX where the biggest and the most prominent bands in the country will battle it out for the most coveted title and a cash prize of INR 25,000. The central theme of the competition is 'Get the Loudest Cheer from the Crowd'.
SONIX will be conducted in two rounds:
- Prelims: Bands are required to confirm their interest on Songdew by clicking on 'Click to Participate'. A Youtube link to any of the band's performances needs to be submitted on the basis of which the initial shortlisting will be done by the editorial team/music society of the college. The last date of this round is 27th September, 2018.
- Finals: This round will take place within the college premises on 5th October, 2018. Every band will get 20 minutes (inclusive of sound check). They will need to play at least two songs with at least one original composition.
|Level of Artist||College|
- Bands will be required to bring in their own instruments. Only a standard drum kit will be provided by the organizing committee of the college.
- Damage done to any property of the college shall be borne by the members of the band.
- MIDI should not be used by the band to play any pre recorded part of the song.
- There is no registration fee for this contest.
- Each participating band will receive complimentary tickets in order to gain awareness and build their fanbase of the show.
- Decisions taken by the Judges in the Prelims and Finals shall be final.
In case of any doubt, you can contact us