Antaragni Idol, the most popular of the musical competitions of Antaragni ( to be conducted from 25th-28th October) , the annual cultural festival of IIT Kanpur continues to elevate its level after taking a giant leap last year. Be it a sweet mesmerizing ghazal or a scintillating qawali; be it folk or filmy; in a nutshell be it any genre of music, you can showcase your talent. So, unleash the singer the within you.
There are three rounds in this competition:
1. Register yourself as an artist on Songdew.
2. Hit 'Click to Participate' for this opportunity.
3. Upload video link to one of your songs on YouTube on this Songdew opportunity portal.
Antaragni team will shortlist a number of video entries from the Online Prelims round which will qualify for the Offline Prelims to be held at IIT Kanpur
1. The participants have to sing a song of their own choice.
2. Each participant will be given a time limit of 3 minutes (excluding soundcheck) to perform.
3. Participants can bring a karaoke or can play an accompanying instrument either on their own or with the help of a friend. However, none of these is compulsory.
4. This round will be held closed door.
Finals of Antaragni Idol will be held in two rounds:
(i) Participants' choice round: In this round, each participant can sing a song of his/her own choice. The time limit for this round is 4 minutes, exclusive of soundcheck. Participants can bring a karaoke (which must be handed over to the event managers beforehand in a CD or a pendrive) or can play an accompanying instrument either on their own or with the help of a friend. No backing vocals would be allowed.
(ii) Judges' choice round:
1. Participants have to sing a song of judges' choice.
2. There is no specified time limit for this round.
3. Participants can bring a karaoke (which must be handed over to the event managers beforehand in a CD or a pendrive) or can play an accompanying instrument either on their own or with the help of a friend.
4. No backing vocals would be allowed.
|Level of Artist||College | Professional|
2. Cash reward of INR 5,000 to the 2nd prize winner.
3. Cash reward of INR 3,000 to the 3rd prize winner.
4. Video telecast of 1st prize winner on Songdew TV.
5. 1st prize winner will be directly considered for the finale of Campus Idol powered by Songdew where the final winner will be awarded a music sponsorship of worth INR 8 Lacs by Songdew.
- Maximum two (2) accompanists will be allowed. Tabla, Acoustic Guitar and a Synthesizer.
- There is no restriction to any genre.
- The decision of the judges and the event managers shall be binding in all cases.
In case of any doubt, you can contact us